I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award- No photos please but the red carpet is welcome! http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/
I would like to thank Perceptions of Reality http://ejb75.wordpress.com/ for taking the time to read my blog, for liking it and then nominating me, so thank you so much!!!
I’m new on this site so when I saw I was nominated I actually had no idea what this award was, in fact I didn’t know that there were awards on word press so there you go! It is nice to know however, that someone likes your writing and I have to admit, this definitely made my day. It’s not so much about the publicity, it just feels good to know that in some small way my humble blog affected/inspired or left mark on someone’s heart and memory. It means a lot.
So to follow the rules of this award I too need to nominate 15 blogs for this award. There are so many awesome blogs and bloggers out there that it is hard to choose. I chose these blogs because they have inspired me, lifted me up when I felt down, evoked emotion from me or made me laugh until my belly hurts and for that I thank them. It is so nice to be surrounded by so many awesome bloggers. Here we go in no particular order…
– http://asianspanishfusion.wordpress.com/about/ Hana and Cairo’s blog on Love More, Eat Well, Be Happy. I like this blog a lot for the healthy eating ideas, the humor they use through-out their writing and the love they put into everything. Especially for the love and positivity they show despite the fact that one of them is going through cancer and they both have had ups and downs in their lives. Lovely couple, awesome blog!
– http://healingfromabuse.me/ Freedom From Pain for the reflective thoughts portrayed in her writing, for the help, hope and love that she gives to others and for the inspiration that she is after all she has overcome in her life. Her experiences although hard, she has prevailed and become a shining light providing others with the support to get through their own journeys.
– http://manhooddelayed.wordpress.com/ Manhood Delayed for his honest and open blog about his experiences. Also the reflective thoughts and therapy he provides in his writing.
– http://literaturediscoveriesbynikki.wordpress.com/ Nikki for the honesty and emotion expressed through her poetry and writing which stem from struggles that she has faced in her life, including having an alcohol dependent mother.
– http://othersideofk.wordpress.com/ Kat for her writing style, flair for humor, her interesting posts and her passion when tackling the harsh issues in life.
– http://tamardermer.com/ Tamara for her personal journey portrayed so beautifully and emotionally through her words. I can relate so well to the pain she expresses about the struggles she has been through and the aftermath of abuse (PTSD and Anxiety).
–http://darkyblue.wordpress.com/ 50 Shades of Me for the poetic, unique style in which this blog is written, full of emotion and personality, hardships and inspiration.
– http://thetruthwarrior.wordpress.com/ For the inspiration, information and passion put into their writing. For always managing to make me feel inspired, uplifted and reflective when I read their work.
– http://hiimawkward.com/ For all their posts, the funny, the hilarious and of course the awkward. This blog is always entertaining, witty and makes me smile.
– http://mirrorgirlblog.com/ For her interesting posts, for her passion, her love for helping people, her high EQ and of course posts on psychology- which I LOVE by the way.
– http://everyonehasastory.me/ For their interesting blog filled with memories, stories and family. I don’t have a family, so I find this blog very special as you can see the love they have for each other. They have had hard times, ups and downs but are real and honest and I like that.
– http://brothersonthemend.wordpress.com/ For their inspiring journey and road to recovery after suffering through child sexual abuse. For their bravery and honesty about this issue, I have read many blogs on it, but this was the first one written by men.
– http://thepeopleihavesleptwith.com/ For their interesting exploits and funny sexual stories that are always entertaining and risky it makes me cringe and sometimes cry from laughing so hard.
– http://borderlinechild.wordpress.com/ I just happened to stumble onto this blog as I was browsing through some tags. I was blown away by this person’s writing style, by the emotion emulating through her words and the bravery this person possesses.
– http://thepowerofsilenceblog.wordpress.com/ For their bravery in talking about past experiences that are hard to discuss and breaking the silence. I know how hard it is to speak about, after staying silent for so long.
So there you go, those are the 15 blogs in the short few weeks that I have been on word press that have touched my heart, made me laugh or have said something that resonated with me.
Now to fulfill the other part of my obligations in order to claim my VBA award, I have to say 7 things about myself. I find it hard to talk about myself or to know what to say, but here are some random, honest points about me.
1. I love butterflies, a lot more than any normal person should. For me they represent transformation, a new life through every stage and the last is the most beautiful, they have to live in darkness in order to emerge as beautiful as they do. They only live for a short time so it represents living your life to the fullest, which is something I place importance on.
2. The first 20 years of my life were trauma filled and turbulent, everything I write on my blog is true. I’m only in my mid 20’s so I still have a lot of work to do before I am able to move forward but I am on that journey 🙂
3. I am scared of snot, boggies, nose fluid… whatever you want to call it. I walk away quickly when people blow their noses and if I see someone’s nose fluid it makes me want to vomit. I have no idea where that fear came from.
4. I can be very OCD when it comes to how things are done, washing, cleanliness, tidying my house and I have to know where everything of mine is. I think this stems from being homeless, I now am quite OCD when it comes to most things in my life including the foods I eat and how I eat them, weird I know.
5. I LOVE NATURE, camping, swimming in the fresh water lakes here, being near the mountains, laying in the grass, watching the moon and stars at night, feeling the sunshine on my skin. I live in a “city” but i am lucky enough to have all this wondrous beauty around me, I don’t have to travel far to lose myself in natures beauty.
6. I am an introvert, I have a few good friends but I am awkward in social situations so I tend to prefer to either be alone or in the company of the few people I let close to me. I don’t have a family, so I consider these close friends as my family. Funny thing is I used to be extremely extroverted and out-going, isn’t it weird how life experiences change you? I think that is why I love writing and poetry so much, it is a great way to let out emotions without having to feel socially awkward and getting bad anxiety. This is a place where I can express myself and be honest without fear.
7. I am a bit of a health freak, I try to only eat healthy foods, cutting out anything that is bad e.g. white sugar, rice, potatoes, processed foods, take aways and fizzies…. Etc etc etc. I eat loads of veggies, lean meats, protein, coconut oil and all things good. I am grateful to be able to eat things like this now, not like during childhood when I was purely surviving. I believe that a healthy diet contributes significantly to a healthy life and healthy mind. It is also better to prevent illness than to use medicines as the “cure”.
So after hours of preparing this post I can now claim my award. I want to thank my nominator again and to all the people I have nominated, stay awesome! Thanks everyone, take care 🙂